Use this sender to convert your mechanical speedometer sensor or electronic sensor-style speedometer output to a GPS electronic pulse output.
Designed for use with custom installations, early model transmission applications, and all 16,000 pulse electronic speedometers.
- 16 pulse/rev output, Hall-effect (or 9,943 pulse/km)
- Working voltage: 10-30VDC.
- Indicate LED: green – signal is good, red – weak or no signal.
- GPS signal update rate: 10/second, or 10 HZ.
- Dimensions: 2” x 1.5” x 0.65”; Mounting holes distance: 1.9”; Cable length: 4’ (48”), mounting screws are not included.
- Accuracy: 3M-CEP
-Black: Ground. White: signal output
-White: 16000 pulse signal (used for speedometer signal)
-Green: (not used for speedometer)
It is advised that this be located in a visible place that can receive satellite signals, however, you can mount this anywhere it picks up a signal.. i.e. like under dash so long as a good (green lamp) signal is obtained. There is 4 feet of cable in which to work with so finding a location should be fairly easy. Results may vary depending on location of unit, location of vehicle and other factors not associated with the device itself. Mainly used for old-school restomods where original equipment isn't convenient to use.